DW is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website and/or our professional legal services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
DW may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated in October 2020.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect the following information:
- full name and address
- contact information including email address
- other information relevant to client surveys
We may collect this personal information from you when you:
- submit an enquiry
- sign up to an event or bulletin
- sign up to our newsletters
This information is only collected once consent has been provided, and on the legitimate purpose of providing you with information about our services and regular news alerts. We collect anonymous information (including IP addresses) from visitors to our website using analytics tools, please refer www.allaboutcookies.org information is only used to improve the service you experience whilst navigating on our site.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED IF YOU INSTRUCT THE FIRM
If you instruct the firm on a legal matter we will collect personal data including, but not limited to:
- your full name and address
- information to enable us to check your identity (e.g. date of birth, passport, proof of address)
- electronic contact details, e.g. email address and mobile phone number
HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Under data protection law, we can only use your personal data if we have a proper reason for doing so which includes, but is not limited to:
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
- for the performance of our contract with you (i.e. provide legal services to you)
- for our legitimate interests or those of a third party
- where you have given consent
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
We would share your data with:
- professional advisers who we instruct on your behalf or refer you to, e.g. barristers, medical professionals, accountants, tax advisors or other experts
- other third parties necessary or to carry out your instructions, e.g. Home Office, ACAS
- our insurers and brokers
- external auditors and assessors, e.g. our accountants
- our banks
- external service providers, representatives and agents that we use to make our business more efficient, e.g. marketing agencies, case management services, officer providers, document collation, information technology services, archiving services or analysis supplier
- we only allow such service providers to handle your personal data if we are satisfied that they take appropriate measures to protect your personal data.
WHERE YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS HELD
Information may be held at our offices and those of our third-party agencies as above. Your data is not held outside the EEA.
HOW LONG YOUR PERSONAL DATA WILL BE KEPT
We will keep your personal data after we have finished advising or acting for you. We will do so for one of these reasons:
- to respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf
- to show that we treated you fairly
- to keep records required by law. We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. We would usually retain your data for 6 years. When it is no longer necessary to retain your personal data, we will delete or anonymise it.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
The information collected may be used to provide you with additional information about our services, promotions and events. However, you will need to confirm a subscription in the first place. Subscribers can change or delete their subscriptions at any time.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com or amending this by unsubscribing via the link on the latest e-mail you have received from us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Legislation contained in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For more information on this please visit the Information Commissioners’ website at: www.ico.org.uk. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Data Protection Officer at David Wyld & Co Solicitors.
If you believe that any information we hold on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible to email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You have the right to request erasure, restriction or to object to processing of any personal data we have or you may provide.
Please read the following notice carefully. Your use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of these conditions.
The content of this website is for general information purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal or other professional advice. DW accepts no liability for loss of any kind as a result of any inaccuracies or of your reliance on the information contained on the site. We make no representations or undertakings about the quality, accuracy or completeness of any of the information on this website. Any legal or health and safety related information is not a substitute for specific advice relevant to your particular circumstances.
DW is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites accessed by hypertext link from this website. These links are provided for information only and we accept no liability for any loss or damage that may result from accessing or using them.
We cannot guarantee that our website and any matter downloaded from this site will be free from viruses or other harmful programs or computer code. We accept no liability for any loss that may be suffered by any person arising from any such harmful programs or computer code.