David is no longer practising but the tradition of excellence established by him remains our driving force. We will continue in our pursuit for perfection, servicing our clients at the highest level and honouring that legacy.
Educated at Harrow and Oxford University David spent some time teaching before becoming a pupil to Gordon Slynn (later Lord Slynn of Hadley) whose practice was in the commercial and constitutional law fields, before joining Linklaters.
Leadership, Membership and Honours
2002 Launched David Wyld & Co
1981-2001 Partner at Macfarlanes for 20 years, including 10 years as head of litigation
1974-1979 Solicitor at Linklaters. A litigator specialising in administrative and planning law
1972-1974 Articled at Linklaters.
In addition to looking after the interest of clients in many high profile cases, which has included many kinds of commercial and property disputes, some involving insurance, insolvency and environmental related aspects, David has found time to hold the following positions:
- Chairman of The City of London Law Society (2001 – 2004)
- Qualified as a mediator with CEDR (1995)
- President of the London Solicitors Litigation Association (1994)
- Secretary General of International Law Association (since 1994)
- Chairman of the Litigation Sub-Committee of the City of London Law Society 1989-94
His clubs include the Honourable Company of Edinburgh Golfers (Muirfield) and the Berkshire Golf Club.
Past Employment Positions
Macfarlanes, Partner, 1981 – 2001
Linklaters, Solicitor, 1974 – 1979